Video conferencing included 11 live stand ups from all regions of the country, during which the most significant objects of the Industrialization Map were shown to the President of Kazakhstan.
- Annual commissioning of the most significant industrialization projects has become a good tradition. Today we have launched 25 projects in the spheres of metallurgy, industry, building materials, engineering, transport and logistics, the Head of State said.
In his speech, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the course held for a large-scale industrialization of the country, which complies with the challenges.
- All the country round over the years of industrialization, more than 1 thousand new production facilities were introduced, and over 100 thousand permanent jobs were created. Today we have set up the project of "Giessenhaus" LLP for producing alloyed aluminium, and car disks in the future. Famous multinational companies such as POSKO, Evrazholding, Tenaris, Polymetal, being the recognized leaders in their segments, are part of that cooperation, the President of Kazakhstan said.
Particular attention was paid by the Head of State to the development of production cooperation and partnership in the automotive industry; in particular, he noted the beginning of the process to assemble electric vehicles using the output of Kazakhstan automobile plants.
- Today in Kazakhstan, various models of vehicles of 18 well-known brands are being assembled. We started making export supplies of them to China, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and other countries, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan separately focused on ramp-up of output in the non-primary sector and stressed its importance for the needs of the national economy.
- In the chemical industry, the transnational company EuroChem started construction of a plant for manufacturing complex fertilizers. Fourteen pharmaceutical companies implemented the international standards of GMP. Today, another project has started, which Chemfarm is jointly actualizing with large pharmaceutical company Polpharma. In the construction industry, according to basic building materials, we have surmounted out dependence on import. Over 180 projects have been put into effect, including those involving foreign companies such as Heidelberg, KNAUF, Basf, Sika and others, the Head of State said.
In addition, Nursultan Nazarbayev noted the importance of infrastructure development in the context of economic diversification and told the audience about the launch of the multimodal Eurasian transport corridor within the Nurly Zhol Program and the completion of constructing the international transit corridor "West Europe - West China"
- 2,000 kilometres of rail lines, 5,000 kilometres of highways have been built over these years. There was a reconstruction of sea and air harbours. Railway and automobile ferry complexes have been put into operation in the port of Kuryk. Because of implementing the projects of "Khorgos-Eastern Gate" FEZ and Lianyungang seaport, the volume of transit container traffic through Kazakhstan in the direction of Asia-Europe doubles annually. This will allow increasing the national revenues from transit to $ 5 billion by 2020, the President of Kazakhstan said.
The Head of State, noting the success of the international specialized exhibition EXPO-2017, instructed the Cabinet to work out systematic work on actual implementation and use of scientific inventions in the field of alternative and renewable energy sources shown at the exhibition.
- Astana International Financial Centre, International Centre for the Development of Green Technologies and Investments, International Technopark of IT Startups will be established on the EXPO area. It is necessary to ensure their timely launch and full functioning, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
At the same time, the Head of State pointed to the need to introduce the technologies of Industry 4.0 as part of the state program Digital Kazakhstan, as well as to strengthen cooperation in this area with the industrialized countries and the EAPC states. In addition, the President of Kazakhstan drew attention to the importance of training specialists with modern skills in the field of digital technologies.
Nursultan Nazarbayev put emphasis on developing investment cooperation, including Kazakhstan's membership in the OECD Investment Committee, endorsing the Country Program of Cooperation, and adopting the national investment strategy, thanks to which many transnational companies and strategic investors are already operating successfully in the country.
In this regard, the Head of State instructed the Cabinet to take the necessary measures aimed at creating conditions for the return of foreign capital to the country, promoting Kazakhstani goods to export markets, and growing attention to issues of business development and business environment improvement.
The event concluded by the Kazakh leader’s presenting the Altyn Sapa competition prizes. They are the Best Industrial Project to V.Lituev, Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of “Giessenhaus” LLP, the Best Innovative Project to A.Ryabinin, Head of “Recycling Company” LLP, Leader of Quality to M. Esenov, Board Chairman of “Kazphosphate” LLP, the Best Enterprise for Food and/or Agricultural Products to M.Eraliev, Director of “Abzal and Company” Partnership. The Grand Prize of the Paryz Competition was awarded to A.Mashkevich, Head of the Eurasian Group. The Ease of Doing Business special award as the result of ranking the regions and cities was handed to A. Issekeshev, Akim of Astana city.